Isaiah 41:13 - For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Jerry's Birthday




















Today is August 30, 2007.
Today is Jerry's 50th birthday.
Today is the 6th birthday I have missed sending him a card.
Actually, I did buy a card for him on August 30, 2002.
He would have turned 45 that day...just 2 short months after
he left us to be w/ Jesus.
I did buy the card. It just didn't feel right not to get one.
At this moment, I can't recall what I did with the card.
I'm sure it's in Jerry's "box".

I miss him so. I can't believe he has been gone for 5 years.
I can still see him smiling and laughing.
I can still hear his voice.
I can still hear him telling me that he loves me.
I can still hear him teasing me about anything and everything.
I can still feel his hugs.
I can still feel his jabs in my sides, as he would poke me,
just to get a reaction out of me.

I only hope he knows how much I love him.
I only hope he knows how much I miss him.
I only hope he knows how special he was and is to me.
I only hope he knows how proud I am of him.
I only hope he knows what a great Dad he was.
I only hope he knows how wonderful his kids are
and are continuing to grow to be.

This day is very hard for me.
This day is gloomy outside, which makes for an even
more sad feeling.
This day, I have a huge, heavy, very hurting lump
in my throat. It hurts to swallow.

This is JERRY'S day !
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my beloved brother !
Love forever,
Your sis.

No comments: